My blog on the Internet

My name is Vinh Ngoc Khuc (Khúc Ngọc Vinh in Vietnamese). I was a student at Computer Science Department of Moscow State University and now a graduate student at Computer Science and Engineering Department of The Ohio State University -- Columbus. I created this blog to record my memory and improve my English ;)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Sun Portal Server 6, how did I install it?

During the process installation Sun Portal Server 6 from Sun Java Enterprise System Suite, I have encountered some strange problems.
To successfully install Sun Portal Server 6, I have to install other 3 servers, which are Directory Server, Access Manager Server and Web Server ( or Sun Application Server and orthers).
All these tasks can be done easily with the GUI wizard, which will ask you some questions to complete the configuration task.
But the problem I encountered is that the GUI wizard didn't accept my hostname. This stuff made me a lot of time to google arround the Internet. At last, I put my question in the Sun Portal Server subforum of Sun Support forum. The reason I received is that my hostname is not a FULL QUALITY hostname: knvinh.hackers!
So I had to overcome this by adding the other hostname to /etc/hosts :
127.0.0.1 knvinh.hackers knvinh.hackers.com ( --> in the form .ab.xy )
( In Windows this file is located at \WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home